Friday, May 20, 2005

 

Sweethearts

I couldn't be happier with the boys. They are getting along great and they aren't fighting, they sleep well together, they are even walking on their leashes better together. Herbie is such a good boy and I couldn't give him up now if I tried. It's always a little scary and nerve wracking getting a new dog. I think even more so, when they are already 5 and have some habits that are learned that need to be unlearned.

I think the key is love and attention though. Herbie has only been with us not even a week yet and already he is changing his bad habits. He doesn't mark as much outside anymore as we have been trying to cut down on that. Before, he freakin' peed on everything. A small flag in a front yard, a skid loader down at the construction area, our own air conditioning unit out back. Good grief, I had never seen a dog pee on so many things in one walk before. Baxter has never done that and it was a little strange for us. Herbie, though, is cutting down on it. All we have to say is No and he puts his leg down and walks away. We praise him big time when he takes a regular pee in the yard and he responds to it.

Again, love and attention is all it takes.

They are my best boys and I love them dearly.

Mommy

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?